How about telling you some important facts about video editing? Assume that you are a video editor of a multi-billionaire production house. And you are editing a video file into a single video as per the instructions were given to you. So how will you do it? Today, we are going you give you a brief idea of the top 5 free video editing software, which will help you to become a professional video editor.
Well, a beginner in video editing should know the very basics of what is video editing, what are its pros and cons and many more. Editing is the process of selecting information and preparing the correct format of expressing them via writing, photography, visual and audible films, etc.
Also Read: Top 5 Free Video Editor For Mac in 2021
The process of editing involves the correction, elaboration, sequential organization, condensation, and many other modifications to present it correctly and accurately. Video editing, as you are guessing, is the process of arranging, copying, cutting, and pasting video clips. You can get free video editing software from the internet, or you can buy it from stores.
Top 5 Best Free Video Editing Software:
Now video editing is done through particular editing software in computers and apps in mobiles. Here you will get the list of top 5 free video editing software used widely in the market. Also, we will mention features, pros and cons of the video editing software.
Editing with OpenShot is a fabulous experience when you see you can edit according to your desires. The free editor has attractive features like curve-based keyframe animations, unlimited tracks and layers and supportive image and audio systems.
Also, OpenShot provides desktop integration for drag-and-drop and even 3D animated tiles and audio-visual effects. It is available in windows, mac and Linux.
The OpenShot free video editor also has some additional features like:
- Resizing of video clips.
- Audio mixing.
- Motion picture scrolling.
- Trimming, snapping, scaling and rotating.
- Easily controllable system.
- User-friendly interface.
- Simple functions.
- Consist of multiple layers of setup.
- Lags sometimes.
Blender is one of the best free video editing software found in the market. It is entirely free to use software and can edit videos flawlessly. Blender was initially designed to make and edit 3D animations. But, it also shows good performances as a video editor. It can cut and paste videos, can do splicing.
Blender allows you to do complicated works like video masking. Thus, making itself apt for beginners and advanced users. It is found for windows, mac and Linux.
Some additional features of Blender:
- Do audio mixing, scrubbing and waveform visualization.
- Provides up to 32 slots for addition of image, audio and effects.
- Controls speed.
- Can adjust layers, keyframes, filters etc.
- Shows live preview, luma waveform, chroma vectorscope, histogram.
- Flexible video editing software.
- Can make advanced projects of 3D animations.
- Perfect for advanced users.
- Arraying feature makes the learning curve a little steep.
- Limited resources of video editing.
- Tutorials based mostly on animation.
3. VSDC Free Video Editor
VSDC is fully-featured free editing software. It is very useful for advanced works of editing. However, it could be a little difficult for beginners to handle the software. Because it has various numbers of features and options.
When you first open it, it first seems to be complicated. But if you play the video along with the editor, you will get adjusted to it. This video editing software is only available on the Windows Operating System.
Apart from these, VSDC Free Video Editor also provides features like:
- Allows adding lines, texts, shapes, charts, animations, subtitles, audio, images and figures.
- Able to export videos in any file formats.
- The set up provides you with the facility of easy installation of a video capture program and audio recorder.
- Proves itself appropriate for individual projects.
- Consists of features that you can’t find anywhere.
- Can export videos in different file formats.
- Has an optional screen recorder
- Not so user-friendly.
- Lagging of some videos occurs in the free version.
- Found only for windows.
VideoPad is another video editing software program which is free for non-commercial use. This editing software is launched by NCH programs. Like all other editing software, VideoPad can also allow the user to drag and drop.
It patrons transitions, 3D video editing, smooth narration, color control, video stabilization and text & caption overlaying. This free video editing software is found in windows and mac.
Apart from these features, it also exhibits characteristics like:
- Resolute videos in 2K and 4K.
- Burn DVDs.
- Maintain and control video speed.
- Can reverse video.
- Export movies to YouTube and similar other sites
- Import music.
- Supports a variety of video formats.
- Easy installation.
- Proves best for beginners.
- Dearth in advanced features.
- If overloaded, cause delays and lags.
Lightworks is one of the best free video editing software available in the market. It is a powerful editor, for both beginners and professionals. In the market, both the free version and the pro version is available.
The pro version is the paid. Compared to other editors this one has good tutorial videos that can make the user a whiz. It is available for windows, mac, Linux.
Here are some additional features of Lightworks:
- Allows trimming of videos with great precision.
- Supports a wide range of video formats.
- Multi-cams are available.
- Can export to 720p resolutions for YouTube.
- 4K video for YouTube support and Vimeo is found only in the paid version.
- Very powerful editor.
- Have many advanced features.
- Suitable for advanced and sophisticated projects.
- Difficult for an amateur to perform in it.
- 4K video support only in the paid version.
As for your information, video editing is an apt profession in the field of films studies. So use one of these Top 5 Best Free Video Editing Software and experience the features by yourself. Of these, some are suitable for beginners, some for experts. So it is your duty to choose the right one for your convenience as per the features of each video editor given.