If you want to customize your Ubuntu system, the first thing you should do is change the desktop wallpaper to something you like. A decent wallpaper can radically change the appearance of your desktop. Additionally, you can customize the dock panel to enhance the look of your Ubuntu desktop.
Here is a quick guide on how to change the desktop wallpaper in Ubuntu. I am going to show you a few ways to change the desktop wallpaper, including changing the wallpaper and setting up your own images as wallpaper.
Table of Contents
How to Change Desktop Wallpaper in Ubuntu
To change the desktop wallpaper in Ubuntu you can follow the following steps. Or, if you prefer a video tutorial, you can watch the video mentioned below.
1. First, you will need to launch the Settings application. For that, click on the Show Application option.
2. On the search bar, search for Settings and open it. Or, to access the Background Settings, right-click on the desktop and select the Change Background option from the menu that appears.
3. Now, to change the wallpaper click on the Background settings option.
4. Here, you will see a bunch of wallpapers. These are the default Ubuntu wallpapers that come pre-installed with the operating system. Now, to change the desktop background select any of these wallpaper.
Note: You’ll also notice that some wallpapers have a clock icon. These wallpapers change throughout the day at regular time intervals.
That’s it. This is how you can change the desktop wallpaper in Ubuntu using the default available wallpaper.
How to Set any Image as Desktop Background in Ubuntu
If you want to set any image as a desktop background in Ubuntu. Follow these steps:
1. To access the Background Settings, right-click on the desktop and select the Change Background option.
2. Here, click on Add Picture and select the picture you want to add as a desktop background.
3. After that, click on the Open button.
Note: You can add multiple pictures to the background settings option.
4. Now, select the picture you want to set as a desktop wallpaper. You can also remove the added pictures by clicking the x icon on the images.
4. If you have some images that you can use as wallpaper, then you can just visit the location where you have the images. Now select the image, right-click, and select the Set as Wallpaper option. It immediately changes the desktop background.
5. Another way of setting an image as wallpaper is to open the image by double-clicking it. Now, right-click on it and select the Set as Wallpaper option from the context menu that appears.
That’s it. This is how you can change the desktop wallpaper in Ubuntu. You can follow any of the methods to change the desktop wallpaper on your Ubuntu system. We hope this article was helpful to you. If you liked the article, you can share it with your friends. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have in the comments section below. We are always here to assist you.
He is a prominent tech writer with over six years of experience and the founder of TheCoderWord. He delivers high-quality content revolving around troubleshooting and how-to guides for Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome, and more.