Google Meet is one of the most popular and trusted video conferencing platform. It gives an unlimited number of meeting without cost, uses very little data, video and audio preview screen, screen sharing with participants. Google Meet is compatible with all devices and comes with the security of Google.
As it is available on all major platforms, including Android and iOS, and it has upgraded privacy policies, Google Meet is popular as an online conferencing app. Today we are going to discuss how you can download and use this application on your PC or laptop.
PC Requirements to Run Google Meet
The requirements to run Google Meet are very minimal. It supports almost all the OS platforms used in PC and laptops like Apple, macOS, Microsoft, and Windows.
It also supports almost all the web browsers like Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. You can easily use Google to meet if you have a stable internet connection, built-in web camera, or external USB camera to use this.
Also Read: How to Install Chrome OS on Your PC
How to Download Google Meet on PC?
Firstly, we would like to tell you that Google Meet offers services like the other Google apps like Gmail, Hangouts, Drive, and Photos, etc. So, if you want to access Google Meet from your PC or laptop, you do not need to download it. You can access it on Google Chrome or via meet.google.com.
Google also allows you to access from Gmail or Google calendar. If someone sends you the meeting via Gmail, you can simply access by clicking on that link. You can also schedule that meeting on Google calendar with that link to enter the conference on time.
Still, if you want the Meet app on your device, you have to follow some processes. It is an android app, and it does not have a PC version. You have to use an emulator application on your PC. We will discuss two emulators that you can use to download Google Meet.
1. Bluestacks Emulator
You have to download the Bluestacks emulator from your browser in apk form. Then install the apk file. Now you can use android applications on your PC.
Open Bluestacks to log in to your Google play account. Here you will find the app. Follow the same procedure of downloading and installation like an android phone.
2. MEmu Emulator
The procedure of download and installation is the same as the previous one. After opening this, you will get a downloading application called APKpure. This will also provide you with a link to Google Meet. Click on the link to download and install the app.
Both of these android emulators are efficient to keep Google Meet installed in your device. However, we recommend Bluestacks over MEmu emulator if you are going to do this for the first time. Still, it is your choice, but we have found Bluestacks more user-friendly.
How to Use Google Meet App?
We will describe both the processes of using the mentioned app. If you are using it through your browser, then follow the processes:-
- Open chrome from your device. Then open Gmail in the browser and log in with a Google account.
- You will found Google Meet from your bottom-left corner. Open meet from there and start a meeting. Then invite your friends and meeting partners to join.
- If you get a link to a meeting that has started already, you have to follow the same procedure. Click on the meeting link, and then it will take you the joining window of Google Meet. Enter your name and check the audio and video before joining.
Now if you are using the app through the emulators, you have to follow these steps:
- First, click on the emulators and wait till it opens.
- After opening the emulator, you will then get an interface like your android smartphone. Here you will found the meet app. Click on the app to open.
- You will get two options here, create a meeting, and join a meeting. Click on the first one if you want to host a meeting.
- You can choose the second option if you already have a meeting link. Now, copy that link and paste it on joining windows to join the meeting.
How to Schedule a Meeting on Microsoft Outlook?
You can schedule a meeting with guests on Microsoft Outlook. Go to Microsoft Outlook and click on create an event. Thereafter, click on the add guests option am enter the names of your guests with an email address. Save the meeting details and then click on sends to notify your guests.
We have mentioned all the possible ways to install and use Google Meet on your PC. However, the use of Google Meet through your browser is way better. Using emulators may show your device. Also, you have to log in to the emulators every time before using the app.