At present, there are over 204 billion applications downloaded globally. Companies are spending billions of dollars on application development. The vast numbers clearly show the demand for mobile applications. Hiring a React Native developer suitable for the team and having the necessary skills is a difficult task but it is not impossible.
Here we are going to discuss how to hire React Native Developer for a Business and different types of React Native Developers.
Also Read: Is Flutter Better than React?
Hiring React Native Developer for a Business
React native is the most promising technology of the recent time. Above all, it allows developers to create a highly versatile and budget-friendly mobile application. Besides, React Native applications are easy to maintain, update and support. Business owners must keep the following factors in mind while hiring React Native developers:
- Hard skills of React Native developers
- Important things to check before hiring
- Different models for collaborating with React Native developers
The task of hiring a React Native developer can be challenging. Besides, recruiters can divide candidates into three categories—junior, middle, and senior. The categories are based on their skills, knowledge, and experience. The following section of this article helps in understanding the differences. It also discusses the type of developer and project requirements.
Type of React Native Developers
In this section, we are going to discuss the type of React Native Developers. So, let get started:
1. Junior React Native Developers
Junior developers are professionals with no work experience. Typically they are recent graduates or switchers. Essential skills for junior react native developers are:
- Junior developers must clearly understand the React Native framework and its libraries, APIs, and principal components. Moreover, understanding of direct React result is also necessary
- These developers must know different types of navigation within an application
- Junior developers must be able to work with Redux. It is a state management tool for managing different components of an application. Besides, Redux adds convenience and robustness to the app development process
- They should have some basic knowledge of debugging and testing principles
- Junior developers need to be mentored and managed by experienced developers
2. Middle React Native Developers
Middle React Native developers typically have two years of work experience. They usually have better problem-solving skills and can work independently. Middle React Native developers must have the following skills:
- Must know common approaches to application optimization. They must provide new ideas to optimize application performance
- React native developers should be able to work with different types of hardware. They also understand the integration of hardware features. Middle developers help in overcoming challenges in the development process
- Understanding of different databases and libraries is necessary. Also, they must know the potential issues of managing offline data. Middle developers should use ready data for creating logic from scratch
- Middle React Native developers must be familiar with the integration of third-party services. Understanding of API and related functionalities is also crucial
- They are familiar with the app development workflow. These professionals must understand how to integrate different components when necessary. Besides, knowledge of application deployment on the App Store is also essential
Middle developers usually work independently. They do not require any oversight and can generate ideas for solving different issues. Moreover, they can make difficult decisions to keep the project running.
3. Senior React Native Developers
Senior React Native developers have complete knowledge and skills in application development. It requires a minimum of 3 years of experience. Senior developers have experience in working with numerous successful applications.
Skills necessary to become a Senior React Native Developer are:
- Must be able to port existing iOS or Android app to React Native successfully. They should have a complete understanding of programming languages like Java, objective C, Katlin, and Swift
- Senior React Native developers can integrate native libraries and frameworks. They can create a full-fledged application with an integrated library
- These developers can create high-quality code. They can also detect and fix technical glitches in an application. It helps in improving the transparency and visibility of the development process
- Senior developers must understand differences in software development approaches. They can justify strategies for specific project sand support team with effective workflow
- These professionals work with the architecture of an application. They have a comprehensive understanding of technical requirements and business prospects. Senior developers are responsible for making critical decisions in a project
A complete understanding of project requirements is vital for hiring a React Native developer. Moreover, for bulk projects, a team of efficient developers is necessary. Similarly, it is the responsibility of the team to support and mentor the newcomers. However, if the team lacks a React Native specialist, hiring a senior developer with sufficient knowledge can be beneficial.