Windows 11, the renowned operating system from Microsoft that is widely used by the masses in their daily lives, comes with a user-friendly interface. However, beneath its appearance lies a range of features that can be tailored to your preferences. But, without proper knowledge of the intricacies of the software, it can be a bit hard to navigate all these settings to bring about the outcome that you desire.
Among these features is the ability to modify date and time settings, which is essential for ensuring timestamps and system synchronization. In this guide, we will delve into the nitty-gritty details of how you can change the date and time of your device through Windows 11.
Table of Contents
How to Change Date and Time in Windows 11
Date and time play a crucial role when you are using a desktop or laptop as they keep you updated. Changing the date and time in Windows 11 is super easy. However, if you find it complicated, follow the steps given below to do it effortlessly.
Here, we will discuss both methods to change the date and time, whether set automatically or manually.
1. Automatically Change the Date and Time
If you don’t want to bother with the correct time and time zone, you can enable automatically set time in Windows 11. With this feature enabled, you won’t need to manually adjust your system’s clock; your system will automatically set the time according to your time zone. However, to set the time automatically, you must have an internet connection as the time will be updated from the internet.
Here are the steps you can follow to change the date and time automatically:
1. Click on the Start button, type Settings, and press Enter on the Keyboard to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on the Time & language tab from the left pane and click on the Date & Time option.
3. In the Date & Time settings menu, enable the Set time automatically toggle.
4. Then also turn on the toggle next to Set time zone automatically.
5. However, if the time does not change, you can fix the clock by clicking on the Sync Now button under the additional settings section.
By activating these settings, your system will automatically synchronize its time with Microsoft’s reliable time servers.
2. Manually Set Date and Time
However, if you don’t have an active internet connection, then the Set time automatically option will not work, as it depends on Microsoft time servers to fetch the time, and you need internet access.
In this case, you can manually change the date and time. Windows 11 allows for manual customization of date and time, providing you with more options to change them.
Here is how you can manually change the date and time:
1. Press the Windows + I key combination to open Settings.
2. Go to the Time & Language tab and click on Date & Time in the left column.
3. To change the date & time manually, you need to turn off the Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically options. Then click on the Change button where it says, Set the date & time manually.
4. A window will appear where you need to change the date and time according to your needs and click on the Change button below.
Particularly useful for setting accurate timestamp dates, this feature allows your Windows 11 device to display the right date and time according to your wishes. That’s it! This is how you can change the date and time in Windows 11. However, there are other options for date and time, such as format, region, and more. Let’s discuss them one by one.
How to Change Time and Date Format in Windows 11
Personalization through tailoring the time and date format is possible in Windows 11. Windows 11 grants users the liberty to customize time and date displays according to their liking.
To change the time and date format, you can follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Open Windows Settings.
2. Navigate to Time & Language > Language & Region option.
3. Under the Region section, click on the dropdown arrow that says Regional format.
5. A drop-down menu will appear. Here, you can see the current formats for date and time. If you want to change it, then click on the Change Formats button.
6. On the screen, you will see all the options for which you can change the formats according to your needs. To change them, click on the dropdown arrows and select a new format.
How to Change the Time Zone in Windows 11
Changing the time zone in Windows 11 is a straightforward process that allows you to ensure your computer displays the correct local time, especially if you frequently travel or move to a different location.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to changing the Time Zone in Windows 11:
1. Open Settings.
2. In the Settings menu, select Time & Language, and choose Date & Time from the right sidebar.
3. Scroll to the time zone section. You will see an option labeled Time Zone. Click on it to open a dropdown menu containing a list of available time zones.
4. Select your time zone. Scroll through the list and select your desired time zone. After that, Windows 11 will automatically adjust the time and date settings based on your current time zone.
How to Add Additional Country Clocks in Windows 11
Adding additional country clocks in Windows 11 can be a valuable feature for individuals who need to keep track of time in multiple locations, whether for work, travel, or personal reasons. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open Settings by pressing Windows + I.
2. Go to Time & language > Date & Time settings.
3. Scroll down to find the Additional Clocks option under the Related Links section. Click on it to expand the options.
4. To add an extra clock, click on the Additional Clock tab on the window that appears.
5. Then check the box labeled Show this clock and select the time zone from the dropdown menu. After that, give a name to the additional clock in the Enter display name field that helps you identify the location it represents (e.g., London Time, Tokyo Time, US Time, etc.).
6. Now, click on the Apply and OK buttons to save the changes.
Note: From here, you can add two additional clocks. To add another clock, click on the Show this Clock option under Clocks 2.
7. To see the additional clocks, simply hover your mouse over the system clock in the taskbar or click on it. You’ll now see the local time, as well as the times for the additional clocks you’ve added.
Adding multiple country clocks is a convenient way to keep track of different time zones without needing to perform manual calculations or switch between various world clocks. This feature ensures that you can easily coordinate activities and stay connected with colleagues, friends, or family in different parts of the world.
Windows 11 provides convenient solutions for time zone management and the inclusion of extra country clocks, streamlining the process of time monitoring and synchronization across diverse geographical areas. Windows 11’s user-friendly interface enables individuals to tailor their time-related choices with simplicity. These functionalities prove invaluable for globetrotters, remote employees, and anyone in pursuit of precise and hassle-free time administration.
By adhering to the uncomplicated procedures delineated in this guide, users can harness the capabilities of Windows 11 to guarantee the seamless and dependable integration of time into their digital encounters. However, if you want to set an alarm on Windows 11; follow the linked guide.
As an engineer, the technology niche has always been her favorite. She has a knack for transforming complex concepts into accessible content. Her expertise lies in software development, cloud computing, Windows, and cybersecurity.