The trend of dark mode has become increasingly popular, making it a ubiquitous feature in most applications and Android smartphones. However, iPhone users can now join the bandwagon with the latest iOS 13 update, which brings the much-anticipated feature to iPhones. With its sleek and modern look, the dark mode automatically adjusts to supported apps and websites.
Additionally, if you are someone who struggles with the brightness of your iPhone display, or if you find it disruptive to your sleep, you can now opt for system-wide dark mode on your iPhone. Enabling dark mode is a simple process that can help you enjoy a more comfortable viewing experience on your device.
To enable dark mode on your iPhone, you must be running iOS 13 or higher. You can check which version you are running on your iPhone. For that, Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
If there’s an update available, tap download and install the update on your iPhone. Once your device is updated, you can follow the following steps to enable dark mode.
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Then navigate to the Display & Brightness option.
3. You will find the display and brightness options. Here, tap the Dark theme under Appearance. It will automatically change the theme for built-in apps to dark mode. Also, some compatible third-party apps like Instagram will switch to dark mode.
4. Dark mode can also be turned on/off from the Control Center. For that, long press on the brightness slider and tap the Dark Mode icon in the bottom left corner to turn it on/off.
Note: To open Control Center, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen. On an iPhone with a Home button, swipe up from the bottom edge of your screen.
How to Add a Dark Mode Toggle to the Control Center
If you’re looking for an easy way to switch between light and dark themes on your iPhone, adding a shortcut toggle to the Control Center can be a handy solution.
This will allow you to quickly access the Dark Mode option without having to go through the settings menu every time. It’s a great feature for adjusting your device’s display based on lighting conditions or personal preference.
To add the Dark Mode toggle to your Control Center, follow these simple steps:
1. Open the Settings app.
2. In Settings, scroll down and tap the Control Center option.
3. To add the Dark Mode toggle on the Control Center, tap the (+) icon next to the Dark Mode option.
4. This will enable the dedicated dark mode toggle at the end of the Control Center.
5. Now, tap on the button to toggle the dark mode on/off. There is no more need to go to the brightness menu! You can directly turn on/off Dark Mode from the Control Center.
Here are a few ways to activate the system-wide dark mode on your iPhone. Once you have enabled it, your iPhone will appear darker, which can be easier on your eyes and save battery life. If you have an iPad with iPadOS 13 or higher, you can also activate dark mode on it. The process for activating it on iPad is the same as on iPhone.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you found it useful, consider sharing it with your friends. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to ask in the comment section below. We will be happy to assist you.
He is a prominent tech writer with over six years of experience and the founder of TheCoderWord. He delivers high-quality content revolving around troubleshooting and how-to guides for Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome, and more.