Google had already introduced material design on the Android. Now Google has been working on a Material Design for Google Chrome Browser. You can get early access to the material design, it is hidden behind settings flags in both iOS and Desktop versions. To use the material design flags settings, you have to update the Google Chrome Browser to its latest released (Chrome 68, released earlier this week).
Chrome Material Design is not yet available for Android and it still hasn’t been officially rolled out for a desktop. Right now it on beta. If you want to use the latest Chrome features you can use Chrome Beta.
Also Read: Top 10 Free VPN Extension for Google Chrome
Chrome Desktop users:
- Type chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md in the address bar and press enter
- Look for UI Layout for the browser’s top chrome, choose Refresh from the drop-down menu
- On the bottom, you will see Relaunch Now click on it in order to active Material Design
Chrome iOS users:
- Type chrome://flags/#top-chrome-md in the address bar and tap Go
- Scroll down and look for UI Refresh Phase 1 and choose Enabled from the drop-down menu
- Reload the Chrome app to see the updated design
We still don’t know when these changes will appear in the stable build of Chrome. There’s also no word on when Android users will be able to use this feature.