Google Chrome is the popular browser for all the major operating systems. One of the best things about Google Chrome is the ability to add extensions to enhance the browsing experience. It helps to improve functionality, usability, privacy, and productivity.
2. Find and select the extension you want to install on Chrome. You can either search for the extension on the search bar or browse by category to find the right extensions for you.
3. After you’ve found an extension, you want to add, select the extension and click Add to Chrome to add the extension to your browser.
4. A window will pop up if the extension needs certain permissions or data. To approve, click the Add Extension button.
That’s it, this is how you can install extensions on the Google Chrome browser. After the extension finishes installing, you can manage the extensions from the extension page settings.
How to Manage Extensions in Google Chrome
On the extension page, you’ll find a list of all the extensions currently installed on your Chrome browser. From here, you can enable or disable extensions, customize their settings, or even remove them if you no longer find them useful. Managing your extensions allows you to tailor your browsing experience precisely to your needs, ensuring that your browser functions smoothly and efficiently.
Now, let’s dive deeper into the steps for installing and managing Chrome extensions to make the most out of your browsing experience.
If you prefer a video tutorial, then watch the video mentioned below.
Or, to manage all the extensions installed on Google Chrome, simply follow the steps below:
1. Open the extension page. To open the extension page, click the menu icon (three dots) at the top right of Chrome, point to More Tools then click on Extensions.
2. You can also click on the extension icon on the toolbar and click on Manage Extensions.
3. Here you will find all the extensions, find the extension you want to manage, and click on Details to manage site access permissions.
4. Now, if you want to disable and remove the extension for the Google Chrome browser then also you can do it.
5. To disable the extension temporarily simply turn off the toggle next to the extension name.
6. If you want to remove it completely then click on Remove and confirm your action by clicking on the Remove button.
Google Chrome extensions offer a world of possibilities to customize and enhance your browsing experience. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can easily install, manage, and use these extensions to tailor your browser to your specific needs. Whether you’re looking to boost productivity, increase security, or simply personalize your online experience, Chrome extensions are the way to go.
Explore the Chrome Web Store and start enhancing your browsing today! That’s it; this is how you can install and manage extensions in the Google Chrome browser. We hope this article has been helpful to you.
He is a prominent tech writer with over six years of experience and the founder of TheCoderWord. He delivers high-quality content revolving around troubleshooting and how-to guides for Windows, Linux, macOS, Chrome, and more.