Throughout this article, “Introduction to MERN Stack”, we will discuss the components of MERN Stack. Moreover, we shall be familiar with the technology by knowing what they actually mean. Developers use each of the components of MERN for developing a web software product. Below are the details:
What is the MERN Stack?
The MERN Stack consists of the following technologies:
- MongoDB: A document-based opensource database.
- Express: A web application framework for Node.js.
- React: Used for building user interfaces.
Now let’s get in-depth overviews about each of the components one by one:
1. MongoDB-the database
The basic unit of data in MongoDB are key-value pairs. And these key-value pairs make up a Document. And the sets of documents and function makes up a Collection which is similar to relational database tables in RDMS. MongoDB is a database, and it started being used in the mid-2000s.
This is a data modeling language that formally specifies data. Express may be a web application framework for Node.js, another MERN component. Instead of writing full webserver code by hand on Node.js directly, developers use Express to simplify the task of writing server code.
There’s no got to repeat an equivalent code over and over, as you’d with the Node.js HTTP module. The Express framework builds robust web applications and APIs. Therefore, acquiring lots of features available as plugins, it has fast speed and minimalist structure.
The core features of Express framework −
- Set up middlewares to respond to HTTP Requests.
- The routing table performs different actions based on the HTTP Method and URL.
- Allows to dynamically render HTML Pages based on passing arguments to templates.
React views are declarative. Moreover, the developers need not worry about managing the consequences of changes, that are within the view’s state or changes within the data. In replacement of various templates, to automate the development of repetitive HTML Document Object Model elements.
Few advantages of using Node.js are:
- It can create dynamic page content.
- It can delete, create, write, open, read, and close files on the server.
- Node.js can collect form data.
- Can add, delete, modify data in your database.
Advantages of using MERN Stack
Context switching is generally avoided. Due to a single language in three parts. For a tech stack with multiple programming languages, developers need to find out the way to interface them together.